Friday, March 8, 2013

Lights On Please!

A clip from the movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Last night, while my first mini me was watching Barney, the power went out. She screamed, “Light! Light!”. Then she started panicking. Oh no! She is afraid of the dark? Uh-oh, I wasn't ready for this, I told myself. I was alone with the two kids so I have no right to panic.

Things like this happen. Honestly, I just discovered that she is afraid of the dark. We don’t usually go to dark places. At home, a light is always turned on at night. If this situation ever happens to you, here is what you can do that I did.

Look for a flashlight. Fortunately, I have one in my bag. But unfortunately, its light is not enough to calm her down. At least, I have enough light to look for the candles. I lighted three candles, but still she was demanding for more lights.

Hold his/her hand. I told her “mommy is here”. I assured her that I’ll stay beside her and that I won’t leave her. This made her calm down, but every now and then she was demanding for lights and Barney.

Distract him/her. Thank goodness for chocolates. I gave her some chocolates, and she totally forgot about the lights.


Then finally, the power is back. I do not want the same scenario to happen again. Next time it’s better to be more than ready. Emergency light will now be on my priority list. And probably a portable dvd player for her Barney. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment